UK and France which are famous for their Lavender Fields are home to thousands of lavender plants.The Lavender fields are really an praising view to watch which is a special one.
The Lavender field of France has literally a large number of lavender plants which are an amazing view.These lavenders bloom from late June to August depending on the area and the seasonal climatic conditions.
In the Luberon of France,around the Mont-Ventoux ,in the region of Sault,there is a lavender field with its splendid atmosphere and scenic view which is one of the prominent summer trip in Provence.
The lavender field,named as Somerset Lavender Farm plants around 50,000 lavender plants with growing bushes around a five acre field.The view here is just like an professional’s painting.
The history is dealt by the sayings that a fairy named Lavandula with blue eyes and blonde hair was born in the middle of the wild lavender plants of the Lure mountain in the Southern French Alps.Years grew and she needed to choose a place to settle and was looking through her landscape notebook until she saw the poor landscapes of Provence and she became sad,and started crying.When her lavender colored tears fell on the book,the book was stained into blue.She tried to wipe those stains but it is of no use and those tears were spread all over the landscapes of Provence.To protect her mistake,she drew a bug sky above the stained landscape.From that day,the Provence’s lavender and the local blonde girls blue eyes sparkle and much more when by looking the blue sky over the fields of lavender at the end of the day.
There are nearly 30 varieties of lavender which produces various colored flowers like purple,white,pink and white.The wide and popular one is lavandin which is a hybrid one.France has about 1,700 producers with 16,000 hectares of lavandin also with pure lavender of 4,000 hectares.The lavender producing industry supplies around 1,000 jobs.
Between 2007 and 2010 the region’s popular production has been lavandin which is used in soaps,perfumes,oils,insect repellents.
Now,scientists are looking forward to the lavender which will be resistant to micro bacterium as the lavenders are suppressing their lives to a confined period as some bacteria called cicaede is acting upon them.It is really bad that the lavenders are ruined which are supposed to be atleast 10 years but are dying within 3 years.It is a great financial loss.
Lavender is been used as an herb for over 2,500 years and also used for mummification and perfume by Egyptians,Arabians and Phoenicians in olden days.Romans used lavender oils for cooking and bathing.
Lavender are first used by the Arabians which spread through Europe from Greece and also France.They used to use lavender as a decoction to gin,vodka and also are used for migraine head aches.
Lavender gives an unique fragrance which is one among top commercial products.France is considered as the world leader in growing and producing in lavender.
Mostly,wheat fields are always to the side of the lavender fields.The wheat ripens before the lavender.It is a nice view as the lavenders at that time are bordered with golden grains.Also,in some areas sunflowers are planted where the combination of both lavenders and sunflowers are splendid.
- The name Lavandula was the name given to Lavender by Swedish man-Kari von Linne as the name lavare means clean
- Lavender belongs to the botanic family of Laminacea which consists nearly 25 species in various dry,rocky and sunny regions.
- Lavender is considered as the soul of Provence and the first plant cultivated there came from Iran.
- Greeks classified these plants into a group called ‘precious plants’.
- Romans are the first people to discover the art of extracting oil from the lavender.
- Lavender is a natural antiseptic for headaches and insomnia.
- Lavendula latifolia is the oil extracted from the lavender is used in paintings to give sparkle in the time of Renaissance.
- Lavender is popularly known for its beauty products and also used as a medicine in Middle Ages and is famous for its aroma therapy.
- Lavender is used to calm down the nervous system and also used as a medicine to blood pressure,digestive problems,joint pains,skin conditions,muscular aches and so on.
- There are three species of lavender grown which are Lavender vera,Lavender stoechas and Lavender spica.
- The oil extracted from the Lavender are produced by distilleries.
- The pure lavender grows about 2,000 feet but the hybrid ones grow with a lower height.
- Lavender Essential oil is used for babies and children as it is very gentle but we need to dilute it when applying.
- The lavender has its annual festival celebrated and can be celebrated anywhere.
Hence,due to all its specialties,Lavender is well known and a useful one.The Lavender fields are a worthy visit to their beautiful scenery which attracts the visitors that they come across from various parts just to visit this field.It is not a photographic magic but it is a natural one which is an amazing one to watch mainly at the end of the day which is a lifetime opportunity which we should not miss