Tips for Successful Mold Removal

If those gross strain on your walls make you uncomfortable, this article might have the solution to that mold problem. Molds generally develop due to increased moisture, which might be caused due to leaking pipes or stagnant water. These molds cover the porous surfaces such as walls and contaminate the area. There can be many different types of mold and while some aren’t harmful, the others can be pretty dangerous to you and your family’s health. Not only they have health hazards but also end up permanently damaging the walls or the ceilings. But there sure are many ways you can tackle this problem with some effort through the restoring processes.

Assess the problems

Before jumping to any conclusions make sure that you are able to identify the problem correctly. The spots on the walls and ceilings directly point out to the emerging problem. In the initial stages, the visual cues of dampness and then bad odor might help you to identify the problem. When mold formation initiates on the porous surfaces like walls, they develop small cracks and could result in peeling of the paint. The musty odor in the area points out the emerging problem. Sometimes mold might form in the places where you might not notice like corners and ceilings. Assessing the type of mold might help you evaluate the intensity of the problem. If the issue is serious, you might have to consult professionals or remove the part or in other situations, you could clean the surfaces on your own.

The roots matter

Molds don’t just appear randomly. They usually are the result of increased moisture in the environment. Even if you are able to clean the walls or repaint the place, it might act as a temporary solution. If the leaks aren’t catered to, the dampness may return again, ultimately leading to mold formation. From ductworks to pipes, the problem could be because of multiple reasons and identifying and fixing it should be your topmost concern.

The cleaner the better

Mold removal could be a challenging task depending on the type of mold and seriousness of the problem. If the mold formation is in its initial stages, you might not need professional help with that and could get rid of it yourself. Before trying to fix the problem, you should make sure that you do not inhale any of the airborne spores. A respirator mask could help you save yourself from such airborne bacteria. To stay on the safer side, it is advised to cover the whole body before cleaning the surfaces. Long gloves and sunglasses could give you the protection which you need.

To capture the airborne spores, you could use an air scrubber and pair it up with multiple filters. To wash and scrub the walls and ceilings, chlorine could prove to be beneficial. Mixing the bleach and water removes the spots and minor discoloration on the walls. Leaving the wall damp and wet could be a big mistake and drying the walls becomes an important step. Make sure you use absorbing towels to dry the surface completely and control the humidity in the area so you have a permanent solution to the problem.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *