An important analysis in a child’s education comes not just from where he or she is enrolled, but also the teaching mechanisms of the same. Seldom, it is the duty of the faculty to ensure good quality education, and that forms the very foundation of further studies for children. Considering the quality of education as an important factor, there is Montessori learning for children that give them a better learning environment. Here is how it benefits them:
- A competition-free environment: competition sums up to a certain level with comparing one’s work with someone else’s and this is a big no, in this kind of education because the emphasis is on every child’s own capability and not just growing competition.
- All ages: the level of this kind of education is also left to the child’s discretion. As one progresses in class, it is totally the child’s decision whether he or she wants to increase the difficulty level or wants to stay at a stable level wherein this type of education becomes important and also convenient.
- Liberty: This is taken quite seriously in an education like this because of two reasons. Firstly, the development of the child comes down to an environment where it is easier for them to grow at their own pace and analyse themselves. Secondly, it becomes important because then, he or she gets the opportunity to grow a pattern within their development process and it becomes important for them to grow. Maria Montessori in fact, expressed this by saying that a certain level of discipline comes with such a pattern, once the child is given that level of freedom to develop.
- Energy and will: With such directions given at such an age, it comes but naturally, that the child grows in terms of discipline. There are ways in which the child achieve their own short term and long term goals, and for this, freedom of making that choice becomes important. Alongside this, the child slowly starts taking over his or her own capabilities and responsibilities and this makes it easier for them to understand he concept of reality.
- Getting back to normalization: Having the opportunity to be around a society or a group wherein courtesy, control and other similar socially and personally delicate mannerisms prevail in one’s state of mind, it becomes important for one to behave similarly with himself or herself and with people around him or her. The notion of team work and even individual tasks are done well, keeping in mind these etiquettes, and are beneficial for the child in the long run, is what Montessori education focuses on, primarily.
With the specificity of all of the above mentioned observations and qualities, E&O Montessori brings not only quality education into one’s mind, but also nurtures them into being quality humans who can adjust and achieve in the long run purely on their own will and not depending on anyone else for their choices.